If you want to save money on your copier then you need to start to identify areas of waste. That’s not always an easy job to do, especially if you are running a business. However, you don’t have to be in charge of everything on your own. At Minneapolis Copier we recommend assigning a copier manager to help you with your office machine.
A copier manager should be someone that already works at your company and can handle the extra responsibility. They also should be someone that is good at keeping track of money and can track spending. You want them to be able to notice patterns of waste and help you limit spending too much.
A good copier manager should be doing the following:
- Tracking all usage of your copier and look for usage patterns
- Determine if color is being overused and by whom
- Find out if any one person or department is using more resources than they should
- Look for better deals on consumables
- Understand the basic functions and be the first point of contract during any issues
Assigning a good copier manager is critical to this position actually being helpful. You need to be comfortable with them taking on the extra responsibility, without disrupting their normal work day.
A good copier manager can save you hundreds during your lease. Spending can quickly get out of hand if you aren’t paying attention. You would be shocked to see how much money people waste without knowing it. But if you assign a good copier manager then you will be right on track to spend the right amount.